- ‘Day of the Dead’ Festival in Oaxaca.
- Group Tour Dates (10/31 – 11/03)
- 3 Days / 3 Nights.
- 4-star hotel accommodation near the city center.
- ‘Day of the dead’ or ‘Dia de los Muertos’ in Spanish is a popular festival of Mexico – similar to Halloween in the US.
- In Mexico, this festival has a spiritual meaning. People believe on this day their dead relatives come to visit them. They prepare an alter in their homes, and make favorite food items of their departed relatives. The entire family visits the cemetery with food, flower, candles, and music in a festive atmosphere. They even welcome guests to join them in this festivity.
- At night the entire city is out on the streets singing, dancing, and drinking Mezcal – an alcoholic drink made from Agave plants ubiquitous in this part of Mexico. You may have seen the parade of the ‘Day of the Dead’ festival in the opening scene of most recent James Bond movie – ‘Specter’.
- Group tour includes visits to Monte Alban, Mezcal factory, and Hierve al Agua with English speaking guide.
- Airport pick-up and drop-off.